Homework Help: How Do I Access the Java Applet Using Microsoft Internet Explorer?
While we do not recommend using IE, some PC users are able to access the "CPM Homework Help" problems successfully. Mac users should NOT use IE because Microsoft does not support their browser for the Mac.
This tutorial describes how to configure your PC computer so that the menu items and GeoGebra applets will work on the "CPM Homework Help" site.
1. Be sure you are using IE version 7 or 8.
2. Also, Java must be enabled in IE.
3. Also, you need Java 1.4.2 or later.
5. Be sure your security settings is not blocking access.
1. Be sure you have updated versions of IE.
-- Open IE.
-- Click on "Help" in the Main Menu Toolbar (at top).
-- Click "About Internet Exploer". The internet Explorer version will then be displayed. You need either version 7 or 8.
-- If you do not have version 7 or 8, you would need to find out if your computer can use 7 or 8 and if so, download it from Microsoft.
2. Second, make sure you have Java 1.4.2 or later installed on your computer and enabled in IE.
-- Click on "Tools" in the menu bar of Internet Explorer.
-- Then click on "Internet Options" at the bottom.
-- Click on "Advanced" tab. Scroll down the list until you see "Java (Sun).
-- Click the checkbox to enable JRE. The version must be 1.4.2 or later. If not, you will need to download from java.com an appropriate version.