1. Fold the paper in half perpendicular to the dotted line.
Fold the paper on the line marked bi and −bi. This is a “mountain” fold, so the printing is on the outside.
2. Cut along the dotted line.
Note: When cutting you get both sides of the dotted line because it is folded!!
3. Crease 2 valley folds.
4. Fold backward along the center line:
- Hold the flaps perpendicular to the center line and push down.
- This opens the cut along the dotted line.
- Fold along the Center Line.
5. The Emerging Model:
- Position the model so that the equation is on the right side.
- Close any gaps with tape.
- The model will not "stand" well because the bottom is uneven.
6. Cut the uneven edge off!
7. View Parabola.
- The imaginary plane is almost invisible coming directly at you.
- The parabola is visible!
8. Turn the model to view the complex roots