This article describes the steps needed to create a .csv file and to use it to create student accounts through a bulk upload and assign them a class eBook. If students already have a CPM account the same process will assign the students the class eBook directly into the students' accounts.
For students without a CPM account, the username/login can be set in .csv file or if left blank it will autogenerate. The password for any new account is the student's first name and last name, one word without spaces, and all letters lowercase.
Click the video link below.
1. Create a class.
In the Student Tab of your class Click 'Upload Class Roster.
2. Create a .csv file with the exact headings indicated below.
- You will use only the first 4 columns.
- The 4 column title headers are required.
- Do not have additional text anywhere else on the sheet other than the information described.
2.1. Be sure you save the file as a .csv file.
- YOU CANNOT TYPE IN .CSV AND SAVE!!
- Always SELECT the file type.
- The file type is usually located below the file name.
- See examples below from Open Office, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets.
2.2. Choose the file. Then upload it.
3. Check to see if the upload for all students are successful.
- If all students uploaded successfully, click 'Close'.
- Be sure to note the passwords if you need to supply them to your students. Students who sign-in through SSO will not need passwords.
Note: The password for any new account is the student's first name and last name, one word without spaces, and all letters lowercase. See example below. The students will be prompted to reset their password the first time they login.
3.1. Students are now listed in the section 'Class Students'.
- The teacher can download a Current Roster.
- The teacher can reset a student's password by clicking the 'Reset Password' button.
- The default passwords are the students' first and last name combined in one word all lowercase. Students will reset their passwords the first time they login.
- The accounts are good for as many years the student needs it.
- The eBook for the class will be in the students' accounts until the class expires.